**THIS POSITION IS FILLED**
Northwest Tennessee Entrepreneurship, Inc., dba The Mill Workspace or “The Mill,” is a 501c3 nonprofit entrepreneurial support organization and we are seeking to fill an open position for Community and Events Manager in Dyersburg, TN. Learn more about us at https://themillworkspace.com.
To help businesses startup, existing businesses to accelerate, and for businesses to find a new home in Northwest Tennessee. We do this by providing one-on-one support and counseling for businesses as well as by providing education to entrepreneurs and helping them make connections and obtain capital in Northwest Tennessee.
We serve the nine counties of Northwest Tennessee, including: Benton, Carroll, Crockett, Dyer, Gibson, Henry, Lake, Obion, and Weakley. Our office is located in Dyersburg, TN.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Community and Events Manager will report to the CEO and will be responsible for the daily operation of the coworking space in Dyersburg and assisting the CEO with managing relationships with clients, potential clients, partners, media, etc. The person will also schedule and manage events at The Mill and throughout the nine-county region of Northwest TN. This is a full-time position located at The Mill Workspace in Dyersburg. Some travel and work after hours will be required. This is a grant funded position and renews yearly on July 1st.
In this role, you’ll provide:
- Manage all inbound requests for services and events.
- Onboard new clients and schedule client meetings with the CEO.
- Help to maintain organizational metrics.
- Assist members with any needs related to the space and meetings that they may be hosting in the space.
- Stay engaged with members of the space and clients of The Mill so that the services that we provide are relevant to them and match the goals of our organization.
- Coordinate all aspects of events held at The Mill and throughout the region.
- Schedule spaces in The Mill and at locations across the region and coordinate with points of contact at those locations.
- Work with caterers and vendors that will be providing supplies to meetings.
- Schedule and coordinate with any guests or speakers that may be attending an event.
- Maintain the registration for events and keep our database updated with new and existing contacts.
- Coordinate and carry out the physical setup before and after events.
- Coordinate any janitorial services that provide regular maintenance but also for cleanup after events. Some basic cleaning is required after any type of event.
- Work with any marketing resources of The Mill by providing all information for the event so that they can promote the event across all channels. Also, provide basic photography, video, and highlights to marketing resources for post-event public relations.
- Assist marketing resources with amplifying any marketing on social and other channels.
- Growing your own social media contacts so that you can help promote events directly to contacts.
- Working with marketing resources to engage with communities via social media about events on The Mill social media channels.
- Serve at the front desk as the first point of contact for members and guests.
- Ensure that the space is opened and closed each day and that all systems are fully functional and ready for all users of the space.
- Notify building users of any visitors or deliveries.
- Coordinate janitorial and maintenance vendors for the space.
- Attending LaunchTN events throughout the year and completing required training. This will include travel outside of the West TN area.
- Assisting CEO with any other activities related to operating the organization.
Skills and Requirements
- Must be very organized and have a high degree of operational skill.
- Must have empathy and a desire to serve your community.
- Must be able to work well with others and take direction and you must be able stay on task and schedule without direction for much of the day.
- Must have excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills as you will be communicating with individuals throughout the day.
- Must be skilled in Microsoft Office or similar office applications and understand file organization. Experience with presentation software such as PowerPoint is a plus.
- Must have experience with coordinating events and basic marketing of those events.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, hear, and use hands to touch, handle, or feel. The specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus, especially due to concentration on a computer screen and graphics. You must be able to lift items up to 40 lbs.
Pay and Benefits
- $16 to $22 per hour depending on experience.
- Paid time off for holidays, sick days and vacation.
The position will remain open until filled. Please email a brief cover letter describing your interest in this position along with a resume and three references (names and contact information only), with “The Mill Open Position” in the subject line to